All mentor Candidates must provide a written statement that depicts the highlights of your career in school leadership. Include special initiatives, areas of expertise, and accomplishments that speak to your effectiveness as a leader.
- Eligible mentors are retired school leaders and currently employed school leaders who hold New Jersey standard principal certification and have at least five years of experience as principal and/or director in New Jersey public schools.
- All eligible mentors must complete three evenings or two days of State-required NJ L2L mentor training.
- Mentors pay a registration fee of $75 for the training program. Payment is made by personal check payable to FEA on Day 1 of the training.
- Each applicant is required to upload his/her resume and submit it with the online application.
- Access the mentor application here: L2L Mentor Application
- All mentor applications and resumes are reviewed by the NJ L2L Coordinator for approval based on NJ L2L eligibility criteria.
- Accepted applications will be notified in writing by the NJ L2L Coordinator, and will be sent an FEA consultant contract log-in and password to register online for the required mentor training.
- Applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria will be notified in writing and will be provided an opportunity to present additional information that may clarify his/her eligibility.
Learn more about becoming a L2L mentor here: Become a mentor