The Year 1 Residency consists of the study of the PSEL (Professional Standards for Educational Leaders) that are aligned with the NJ Professional Standards for School Leaders.
The Standards are designed as guided inquiries that are intended to provide Residents with a deep understanding of:
- the NJ Professional Standards for School Leaders and their implications for effective school leadership practice
- their leadership knowledge, skills and personal dispositions as indicated by the NJ Professional Standards for School Leaders, and the implications for their continuing professional growth and effectiveness as school leaders
- their district/school vision and goals for student learning, policies, programs, and needs related to the continuous improvement of schools, teaching and academic achievement for all students
- the broader context in which they must function as school leaders, including federal and State regulations and the unique expectations and needs of their school, district and community–at–large
- the internal and external forces that impact the teaching and learning process in their districts/schools, the specific barriers to effective teaching and learning, and the school leadership practices that have the potential to overcome these barriers and improve academic achievement for all students
Learn more about L2L year 1 residency here: http://njpsa.org/year-1-residency/